Tomorrow, June 11, is Textile and Light Workers Day. Believers honor the memory of Saint Feodosia. There are 203 days left for the New Year.
June 11, 2023 – Sunday. 473rd day of war in Ukraine.
What a church holiday tomorrow June 11
June 11 in the church calendar – Memorial Day of Saint Feodosia. He was born in Constantinople to a pious and wealthy family. Her mother prayed to God daily to send her a child. She promised to give the child to the church. The woman’s prayer was heard, and when a daughter was born, she raised her in the fear of God. After the death of her husband, Feodosia was immediately sent to a monastery. When her mother also died, the girl sold all her possessions and became a monk.
Together with other saints, Feodosia fought against heresy. This was during the reign of Leo the Armenian. She once exposed the Emperor with contempt and openly preached Christianity. For this, she was captured, subjected to terrible torture, and then burned in a furnace.
What can not be done on this day
- You should not fight, because there is a risk that the fight will become dangerous.
- You should not be sad on this day, because the mood you have will remain in the future.
- It is not allowed to jump on the ground, you can damage the crop.
Folk signs and traditions for June 11
Our ancestors had many interesting omens for this day:
- They saw what day it was today: the rye is earing – there will be many mushrooms in autumn;
- Many spiders appeared before the good weather;
- In the morning fog will cover the water – the weather will be clear;
- Bees actively fly near the hive – wait for a quick rain;
- A warm day – there will be no boletus in the forest;
- Rye bloomed – it’s time to whiten the canvases.
People called this day Feodosia Kolosnitsia because the rye began to yield ears. If this has already happened on June 11, you can start sowing buckwheat.
Weather for June 11
Tomorrow, June 11, it will be cloudy in Kiev until the evening, light rain in the morning, which will end in the middle of the day. It’s dark in Lviv, with rain from morning to evening, although the rain may taper off in the afternoon. Gloomy in Kharkiv, with rain in the second half of the day. In Odessa, the sky is covered with clouds without rain.
The air temperature in Kiev is +21 during the day and +16 at night. In Lviv it is +16 during the day and +14 at night. +20 during the day and +17 at night in Kharkiv. In Odessa, +25 during the day and +19 at night.
June 11 Memorial Dates
Calendar of important events in Ukraine and the world on June 11:
- 1125 – Crusaders defeat the Seljuks at the Battle of Azaz;
- 1453 – Fall of the Byzantine Empire;
- 1474 – Pope approves “Perpetual Peace” between Habsburg Empire and Switzerland;
- 1488 – Scottish rebels capture and kill King James III of Scotland;
- 1496 – Christopher Columbus completes his second voyage;
- 1509 – King Henry VIII of England marries Catherine of Aragon.
- 1580 – Buenos Aires founded by Spanish conquistadors;
- 1742 – American Benjamin Franklin invents the stove;
- 1742 – A treaty is signed in Breslau (Wrocław), according to which the Habsburg Monarchy recognizes the rights of the Kingdom of Prussia to Silesia;
- 1770 – James Cook discovers the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia;
- 1776 – The Continental Congress formed a committee to write the American Declaration of Independence;
- 1889 – John Purdy and James Satkwar of Washington invent the folding chair;
- 1895 – The world’s first auto races are held;
- 1901 – Cook Islands becomes part of New Zealand;
- 1915 – British troops occupy German Cameroon;
- 1915 – Serbian forces capture Tirana, the capital of Albania.
- 1930 – American zoologist William Beebe and engineer Otis Burton descend 400 meters underwater in a bathysphere they built;
- 1940 – New Zealand, Australia and the Union of South Africa declare war on the Kingdom of Italy;
- 1943 – Uruguay becomes first country to recognize Charles de Gaulle’s French government;
- 1951 – Portugal declares Mozambique its province;
- 1955 – The worst car accident in history occurs during the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the French Republic;
- 1965 – Queen Elizabeth II awarded the Beatles the Order of the British Empire;
- 1972 – New York premiere of scandalous porn film “Deep Throat” with Linda Lovelace;
- 1973 – In the Libyan Arab Republic, the nationalization of American oil companies is announced;
- 1975 – First oil production in the North Sea;
- 1982 – Steven Spielberg’s “Alien” is released on American screens;
- 1990 – Alberto Fujimori defeats writer Mario Vargas Llosa in Peru’s presidential election;
- 1992 – First Conference of Young Politicians of Ukraine opens in Kyiv;
- 1993 – Steven Spielberg’s “Jurassic Park” is released;
- 2002 – Paul McCartney marries Heather Mills.
Name Day: How to Name a Baby Born on June 11
What birthday is tomorrow: Alexander, Andrew, Varlam, Ivan, Konstantin, Fedot, Maria, Faina, Feodosia.
Amulet for those born on June 11 Sardonyx. An unusual stone that looks like space. Sardonyx has long been believed to help in love, protect against negative effects and give strength to move forward.
Born on this day:
- 1821 – Ukrainian memoirist Shevchenko Verfolomy Hirihorovich;
- 1909 – Ukrainian architect Boris Primak;
- 1953 – Ukrainian singer – pop artist, People’s Artist of Ukraine Vitaly Bilonozho;
- 2000 – Oleksandr Sirota, Ukrainian football player, player of Dynamo (Kyiv) football club and the national team of Ukraine.
What a day tomorrow will be in Ukraine and the world
June 11 is celebrated in Ukraine Textile and Light Workers Day. It is celebrated annually on the second Sunday of June. This day was officially recognized in 1994. Do not forget to congratulate on the professional holiday of textile and light workers, thanks to their hard work, Ukrainians are able to buy domestically produced goods.
Also on June 11 Women and Children Victims of Violence Awareness Day. It falls on the second Sunday of June every year. The main objective of this day is to draw the attention of the society towards domestic violence and its effects on children and women.
and on June 11 World Prostate Cancer Day. The annual event is designed to raise awareness of prostate cancer, promoting its early detection and treatment. In men, prostate cancer is the second most common.