Earlier it was announced that this could be done only till September 30, 2023.
The National Bank of Ukraine has extended the exchange period for small denomination coins and old-style hryvnia banknotes issued before 2003. Earlier, the exchange was planned to be valid only till September 30.
about this write down NBU
“Thanks to the extension of the deadline, Ukrainians will have more time for exchange. This is especially important for citizens who were forced to leave their homes due to the war or who are temporarily in the occupied territories,” the NBU said in a statement.
You can exchange small coins and banknotes:
- at the National Bank of Ukraine (branch addresses can be found on the NBU website);
- In recognized banks (Oschadbank, PrivatBank, Raiffeisen Bank, PUIB).
Current information about which offices and branches can be exchanged can be found on the official websites of these banks.
Transfer is done free of charge. Important to remember:
- Only coins and banknotes in good condition can be exchanged
- Only whole coins and banknotes can be exchanged
- You can exchange coins and banknotes only in multiples of 10 kopecks (for convertible currencies).
Earlier, TSN.ua wrote which annual issue dollars are valid in Ukraine, Why Doubts About “Old” Banknotes?