Tomorrow, August 21, is the International Day of Remembrance and Remembrance for Victims of Terrorism. The faithful venerate the memory of Bishop Myron of Crete. There are 132 days left for the New Year.
August 21, 2023 – Monday. 544th day of war in Ukraine.
What a church holiday tomorrow, August 21
August 21 in the church calendar – Memorial Day of Myron, Bishop of Crete. According to church traditions, he was a very kind person, and there are many wonderful legends associated with his name. Before becoming a bishop, Myron was a simple farmer. Once, he found thieves entering his store room and bagging all his possessions. He did not interfere with them, but helped them. The thieves were ashamed of such kindness and returned to honest living. It was this event that became the first miracle of Myron of Crete.
What can not be done on this day
- Don’t make plans for the distant future.
- It is forbidden to wash the floor at home, because at the same time you can wash well-being.
- You can’t do housework.
Folk signs and traditions for August 21
Our ancestors had many interesting omens for this day:
- I saw what day it was today: what the weather would be like on August 21, what January would be like;
- Snow and heavy fog in the morning – weather fine in the afternoon;
- frost in the morning – there will be a big harvest next year;
- The forest bore many berries – the winter was cold;
- The leaves are already red in mountain ash – wait for the frosty winter;
- Bad weather will persist and last until the summer of midwifery.
In ancient times, it was believed that on this day there was a very strong wind that started from nothing. That is why the date is often called “wind breaker”. Farmers regularly went to the forest to collect blackberries, which were then used as a cold and antipyretic. A delicious healing tea is brewed from blackberry leaves. Even on this day, it is customary to tell fortunes in a dream. To do this, they crossed paths, thought about what they wanted most, and if a strong wind blew in their face, everything would be fulfilled.
Weather for August 21
Tomorrow, August 21, the weather in Kyiv will be clear, but the sky will be cloudy during the day and clear again in the evening, light rain is expected in the afternoon. Without precipitation, Lviv is clear. Weather in Kharkiv is clear with no precipitation. It is clear in Odessa, no precipitation is expected.
The air temperature in Kiev is +31 during the day and +23 at night. +30 during the day and +20 at night in Lviv. +31 during the day and +20 at night in Kharkiv. In Odessa, +33 during the day and +25 at night.
August 21 Memorial Dates
Calendar of important events in Ukraine and the world on August 21:
- 1415 – The Portuguese capture Ceuta;
- 1627 – The first dictionary of the Ukrainian language, “Lexicon Slovenoroski” by Bamva Berinda, is published in Kiev;
- 1652 – son of Bohten Khmelnytskyi, Tymish, married daughter of Moldavian landowner Vasil Lubula;
- 1653 – George Stephen’s army approaches Suceava and attempts to drive Tymosh Khmelnytsky’s Cossack camp below the fortress walls, the siege of Suceava begins;
- 1911 – Leonardo da Vinci’s painting “Mona Lisa” (“Gioconda”) was stolen from the Louvre (Paris), which was discovered two years later in the Kingdom of Italy;
- 1914 – Vasco da Gama Football Club founded;
- 1914 – John Nagurski makes the world’s first flight to the Arctic;
- 1919 – UGA’s 2nd Corps under Arnold Wolf frees Zhytomyr from the Reds during an attack on Kiev;
- 1932 – First International Film Festival held in Venice;
- 1944 – An international conference begins in Washington, which prepares proposals that form the basis of the United Nations Charter;
- 1968 – Warsaw Pact troops enter the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic to suppress the “Prague Spring”;
- 1996 – Award of the President of Ukraine – Order “For Courage” established;
- 1996 – The first hryvnia trading in futures contracts took place on the Kyiv Universal Exchange;
- 2005 — His Beatitude Lubomir Husar officially changes his title to “Supreme Archbishop of Kyiv-Halytskyi” and moves his residence to Kyiv;
- 2011 – A monument commemorating the 70th anniversary of the founding of the Olev Republic was opened in Olevsk, Zhytomyr Oblast;
- 2013 – In the civil conflict in Syria, Russian-backed Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad’s forces use chemical weapons against the opposition (sarin missile attack on residential areas of the Damascus suburb of Ghouta; according to various sources, 350 to 1,700 people were killed).
Name Day: How to Name a Baby Born on August 21
What birthday is tomorrow: Herman, Hryhori, Omilian, Leonid, Myron, Mykola, Fedir.
Amulet for those born on August 21 Diamond. People gave this stone magical abilities long before the first diamond appeared with the help of diamond cutting. This stone was believed to help strengthen the power of love, so amulets were made from it.
Born on this day:
- 1888 – Ukrainian poet, prose writer, critic Volodymyr Kadzinsky;
- 1891 – Oleksandr Raevsky, Ukrainian psychologist;
- 1892 – Kost Turkalo, Ukrainian public and political figure, chemical engineer, member of the Ukrainian Central Council.
What a day tomorrow will be in Ukraine and the world
August 21 in Ukraine and in the world International Day of Remembrance and Remembrance for Victims of Terrorism. Remembrance Day was recognized in 2007 on the initiative of the UN General Assembly. It is designed to commemorate all people who have been victims of terrorism, interrupted or displaced by terrorists. On this day, the world community expresses its condolences to the victims of terrorism and their families.
Also on August 21 A day without cosmetics and make-up. More representatives of the beautiful article join in the celebration of this extraordinary day. They proclaim that they are beautiful in their natural beauty and inspire other women to celebrate. You have to love yourself in any form. Unfortunately, modern women are increasingly trying to look 100% all the time. Many people feel insecure when they don’t have foundation, lipstick or mascara on their face.
and on August 21 Poet’s Day. The holiday was established in 1994 at the initiative of William Seahart. He is a British philanthropist, publisher and businessman. On this day, a poet award ceremony is traditionally held. William decided to create such a holiday because there are many good but little-known poets in the world today.