This document will be studied in detail by the Ukrainian side.
Ukraine disagrees with the Chinese proposal on at least one point “Peace Project” However, regarding the outcome of the war, the document is still being studied.
This was stated by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba. write down Interfax-Ukraine.
“We saw the final version of the plan last night and it was in Beijing this morning. There are some elements we agree on, at least one point we disagree on – it’s related to sanctions. We believe sanctions are an important tool. But in general, it’s an interesting document,” Kuleba said.
The minister reiterated that the document should be examined and decisions taken.
“China would do well to present a comprehensive view of this war,” he added.
Let us remind you that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky believes that the “peace plan” presented by China is not a declaration or a resolution, but only thoughts. He considers it positive that China has started talking about Ukraine. According to the president, the initiator of any peace efforts can only be the state on whose territory the war is taking place, but China’s so-called peace plan is an important signal that they are going to participate in this process.
What do you know about the “Peace Project” from China?
China’s “Peace Plan” Contains 12 principles, which, according to officials, should contribute to the end of the Russian Federation’s war against Ukraine. However, the word “war” itself is not mentioned in the document – in the English version of the document, the authors use the words “conflict” and “Ukrainian crisis”.
Specifically, in the document, China called for:
- to a cease-fire and hostilities
- All parties should ensure food exports through the grain corridor
- All parties must oppose the weaponization of the global economy
- Stop introducing unilateral sanctions
- Avoid escalating the crisis and prevent it from spiraling out of control
- For the speedy resumption of negotiations between the Russian Federation and Ukraine
- Respect the legitimate security interests of all countries
- The international community must participate in the reconstruction of the conflict zone
- To oppose the use or threat of nuclear weapons
- Address the humanitarian crisis and prevent its escalation
“The security of the region must not be achieved by strengthening or expanding military bases. The legitimate security interests and concerns of all countries must be seriously and properly addressed. There is no simple solution to a complex problem. All parties must adhere to the vision of common, comprehensive, cooperative and sustainable security and the long-term peace and stability of the world. Keeping in mind, contributing to the creation of a balanced, effective and stable European security architecture,” the document says.